COVID-19 is significantly impacting our communities. Here is some information on what we are doing in response.
What we’re doing to keep everyone safe
- Contactless deliveries: for the foreseeable future, we’ve disabled signature capture to eliminate contact between the driver and the site contacts. There is to be no physical interaction between our drivers and anyone else related in the delivery.
- Reduced will-call interactions: we’re working with many of our suppliers to reduce in-person interactions that normally take place at a branch or other type of pickup location. If a driver is picking up from a supplier which supports reduced will-call interactions, you’ll see new instructions clearly noted in the pickup notes.
- Temporary holds on affected drivers: If a member of the fleet notifies us that they’ve tested positive for COVID-19, we will place their account on a temporary hold until they’re able to confirm the virus has passed through the incubation period.
Curri has enabled contactless mode for every delivery for the foreseeable future. Here’s how it goes down:
- We’ve disabled signature capture, effective immediately, for all deliveries.
- We’ve educated our drivers on how to keep a safe distance from site contacts following the ID-Set-Retreat-Thank (ISRT) process.How does ISRT work? (ID-Set-Retreat-Thank)Verbally ID the drop-off contact from a safe (6 ft.) distance: “Are you Sergio? I’m Tracy with Curri. I have a delivery from Royal.”Set the delivery on the ground or a nearby, stable surface approximately 6 ft. away from your vehicleRetreat back to your vehicle, allowing for the drop-off contact to receive the delivery from a safe distance. Snap a pic of the delivery being received.Thank them, give them a big smile, and be on your way.
For the entire Curri Community (drivers, customers, and site contacts)
Frequently wash your hands using soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Cover your nose and mouth WITH THE INSIDE OF YOUR ELBOW when coughing and avoid touching your face with your hands.
Do these five simple things from the World Health Organization to help stop coronavirus. Just remember to do the Five.
- HANDS: Wash them often
- ELBOW: Cough into it
- FACE: Don’t touch it
- FEET: Stay more than 6 ft. apart
- FEEL sick? Stay home
Concerns, reports, and suggestions
We do our very best to ensure that Curri only has the best actors on both the driver and the customer side of the platform. If you or anyone you know has concerns regarding your safety or the safety of others, you can anonymously email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to put “COVID-19” in the subject line.